Friday, September 20, 2013

Just The Introduction

Okay. Well. . . I guess I have a blog now. Aaaand. . . I feel a little bit awkward. Kind of like someone just dropped me off in the middle of Chicago, in nothing but my underwear, and is expecting me to be fine with it and just bust out a guitar and start singing or something. And I don't think you guys realize how accurately I just described my feelings. Cuz. . . it was pretty spot on.

Anyways. I DO feel really out of my comfort zone with this. So bear with me. And here's to hoping I don't totally embarrass myself over the internet! Woo!

So. What I'm planning on doing with this nifty little blogthing (and yes. Blogthing is supposed to be one word) is to talk about this really big project I'm working on and have been obsessing over for quite a while now.

Prepare yourself.

Because I'm about to conquer. . .

THE JOKER.
         *cue dramatic music*

Alright. Now that I've gotten the initial awkwardness out of the way, it's time to get serious(ish).

Now, I'm preeeeeeetty sure you all know who the Joker is. But if words like Batman, Gotham City, or Heath Ledger still don't ring a bell, it's okay. I'm not mad at you. But we can't be friends and you're not allowed to talk to me. (Just kidding. I'll still love you.)

But since my favorite holiday of all time is coming up (Hint: it rhymes with Halloween and is the one time of year you get to dress up like a dork with no judgement and eat free Reese's from strangers.) I've decided to work on a reallysupercool costume this year. Reallysupercool being Mr. Joker of course. Except I'm going to turn Mr. Joker into Ms. Joker.


SHA-BAM.
A picture of a picture I drew of the costume I'm hoping to create.

So, due to lack of seamstress skills, I'm not making everything from scratch. (Side note: are you allowed to say "from scratch" if you're not talking about cooking?) I'm going to modify some pieces instead.




This is a shirt I picked up from Goodwill. I was trying to match the one Heath Ledger wore in Batman The Dark Knight as close as possible. And also make it a little more feminine. After all, this is Joker reincarnated as a female. 
I decided not to do anything with the shirt because it's pretty perfect the way it is. Plus, it was around $5. Hefty price, I know. I didn't want to ruin something I splurged on. <*sarcasm induced statements*



This groovy little shirt is actually going to become the green vest. Hopefully. I've got some dye and a mother who knows how to make these kinds of things. So I'm pretty sure I'm all set and ready. Fingers crossed!



All I really have to do to the jacket is dye it purple and jam a yellow flower in the pocket. And then wear it and rock everybody's socks off. Maybe even their shoes. I dunno. Depends on how I'm feeling.


I think these may possibly be my favorite thing I got. They're just REALLY cool looking. Thinking about putting buttons along the sides. Hmm. . . 




Here's my whole happy little collection so far! I plan on maybe getting some dress pants and turning them into bubble shorts. Like in the picture I drew. Oh. And that  florescent green monstrosity in the corner? That's my wig. I'm hoping some chopping and coloring will make it less wiggy and horrendous and just make it horrendous and Joker-esque.

Actually, if you want to see how the wig turns out you can check back next week! I'll be writing about my epic battle with unnaturally vibrant, plastic, scalp eater. And I can only hope I'll be successful. Blahhhhhh.

(P.S. Thanks for reading my awkward intro! Means lot to me.)

~Magpie

*six weeks till Joker*

1 comment:

  1. Yay! So excited your blog is live! Looking forward to following your journey through JokerHood!

    ReplyDelete